Monday 23 June 2014

New Adventures

Over the past few weeks, I have made many developments in the cooking world and I am excited to say that I have now started up my own small business - Sweet Treats by Tannah. I also tried baking some exciting new things that I'm happy to showcase to everyone. I was really excited after my large package turned up from the Melbourne Food Depot recently and I decided to use some of my new ingredients to get baking. I started by using some yellow pectin to make Raspberry Pâte de Fruit. I found the recipe while browsing the wonderful web on a website called Cannelle Vanille and was so pleased with the outcome that I now need to buy some more pectin so that I can try countless new flavours. Pâte de Fruit are similar to jubes in that they are sweet, bite sized jellies coated in sugar.
Next I made some shortbread as I had an idea of what I wanted to do with the jellies. Finally I made some homemade marshmallow and I piped it on top of each of the biscuits with a jelly on them. You might know where I'm going with this or maybe not... Anyway I finished by coating the whole thing in chocolate. I was really excited about the chocolate because I had also bought that from the Melbourne Food Depot and it was Callebaut brand (if you don't know what it is, don't worry I will be doing a post about it soon). Before using the chocolate I had to temper it, and with it being my first real attempt, I was rather pleased with how it turned out. The finished product is based on the Arnotts Royals that are available from supermarkets.




As well as these, I made a chocolate bar out of the left over chocolate and my new chocolate mould. I topped to bar with freeze dried raspberries (another new purchase). 

Yesterday I changed the look of my blog and I also now have a Facebook page and Instagram account for my new business (links on the blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment