Wednesday 5 March 2014

Bits, Bobs and Pies

The world of cooking has been quite good to me lately and I have been in the kitchen every weekend this month. I've been working on my pies, thanks to some not so subtle prompts from my Dad. I started with an apple pie (and had a little fun with the top), then I also made a lemon meringue pie - the feedback on both was good and I was glad I didn't disappoint my critics.

I also decided to 'try' to temper some chocolate - it wasn't until afterwards that I realised supermarket chocolate is pre-tempered and I actually un-tempered the chocolate instead. None the less, it didn't stop me from making lots of  cool chocolate decorations. I also spent a day making choux pastry - eclairs and mini croquembouches. 2 weekends ago, I spent several hours working on fondant roses and I'm certainly glad the hard work paid off.




Now I've got the experience to put my birthday cake together this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment